22 - Do MMI offer the features of DCS?
Many control software packages for PC today have all the bells and whistles of a DCS and are available for secure and stable operating systems.
- "Front panel" like overviews;
- Animated "Mimic" graphics;
- Alarm summaries;
- Real time trend;
- Historical trend;
- Batch recipe management;
- OBDC (Open Database Connectivity) database with SQL (Structured Query Language);
- SPC (Statistical Process Control);
- MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems);
- Trouble Shooting systems;
- Device servicing information;
Measured and calculated variables, as well as configuration may of course be exchanged with a supervisory system. All data may end up in a PC.