Intelligent Valve Positioner
Click on technology to download manuals, firmwares, certificates and related files:
The FY300 digital positioner uses the most advanced microprocessor to perform an accurate and quick valve positioning. It is a controller which receives a setpoint from the process main controller and moves the valve exactly to the ideal position for better process performance.
The FY300 senses the actual stem valve position and takes the corrective action according to a fully user configurable strategy. The "non-contact" position sensor (Hall effect based) prevents the inadequacy of mechanical links and levers.
The controller signal is processed at the main digital circuit board. Next the analog board receives the information from the main circuit board and generates a low power voltage signal to a piezo electric disc in the pressure transducer. It results in an inflection in such disc, moving it nearer or further away from a nozzle in the pressure transducer. This inflection provides a (pilot) pressure variation proportional to the loop controller.
The diaphragm block amplifies the force related to the pilot pressure and pushes down the spool valve, allowing the supply pressure into one side of the valve actuator. On the other hand, the spool valve movement relieves the pressure from opposite side of the valve actuator to the atmosphere.
The valve stem will move in response to the spool valve up to the correct position. The actual valve position is read by the magnet sensor (Hall effect) and fedback to the main circuit board. With the position information (readback signal), the microprocessor will drive a signal to the analog circuit, correcting, if necessary, the valve position.
The microprocessor uses the control algorithm to eliminate the valve position error. The controller parameters are easily tuned through a single command given locally via the magnetic tool or the hand held programmer. It is also possible to configure the FY300 Series with applications based on the FDT/DTM technology.
FY300 Series positioner provides an output pressure to the control valve actuator, positioning it according to the input received from a controller output.
Digital technology used in FY300 Series provides an easy interface between the field and the control room, reducing considerably installation, operation and maintenance costs.
- Suitable for most brands and models valves;
- A wide variety of customized mounting brackets for different sizes, models;
- Linear stroke from 3 mm up to 100 mm (for longer strokes, please consult our ACP300 Series catalog and BFY-CL mounting bracket);
- Rotary movement from 30º to 120º;
- Configurable either locally or remotely using HART® 4 to 20 mA, FOUNDATION™ fieldbus and PROFIBUS PA protocols;
- Friendly-user rotative display;
- Easy installation, quick commissioning and setup;
- On line continuous diagnostics to reduce troubleshooting time, and unnecessary maintenance;
- Built-in transient protection;
- Histogram and step response combined with asset management applications;
- Trend and load factor also available for diagnosis;
- Configurable valve characteristic curves most used;
- Customized 16 points characteristic curve;
- User Configurable display;
- Configuration password protection;
- Multidrop operation mode;
- Non-contact position sensor;
- Remote position sensor available for severe vibration and high temperature applications;
- 20 up to 100 psi air supply pressure;
- Hazardous Area Certification, directives according to EC (European Community);
- Electro-Magnetic Compatibility according to IEC 61000-6 2:1999, IEC 61000-6-4:1997 and IEC 61326:2002.
FY301 - HART® - 4 to 20 mA
- Local adjustment with magnetic tool without need to open the housing;
- HPC401 Configurator for PALM;
- Configuration interface with the CONF401 application on desktop or laptop;
- Remote Parameterization and automatic setup;
- FDT/DTM (Field Device Tool / Device Type Manager) capability and connectivity;
- Connectivity with many Asset Management Applications, inlcuding Smar AssetView (consult Smar for other applications);
- Supports DTM;
- Multidrop operation mode.
FY302 - FOUNDATIONTM fieldbus
- Local configuration with magnetic tool, without need to open the housing or configurator PALM HPC401;
- Current consumption of 12 mA;
- Dynamic block instantiation;
- Registered in Foundation Fieldbus™ and approved by ITK;
- 14 functional blocks.
- Basic configuration can be done using a magnetic tool, without need to open the housing;
- Full Configurable via remote configurator (Smar ProfibusView or Siemens Simatic PDM);
- Functional blocks for analog output and valve diagnostics;
- Current consumption of 12 mA;
- Supports DTM and EDDL.
Configurable via software, from 3 mm up to 100 mm
stroke, selected from the linear magnet and mounting
bracket choices according to the required stroke.
Configurable via software (local or remotely) from 30° to
120° with rotary magnet and proper mounting bracket.
- Local Non-contact Position Sensor:
Regular positioner with integrated position sensor.
- Remote Non-contact Position Sensor:
Most appropriate on applications involving high temperature
and vibration. Also suitable for places with difficult access.
Available from 5 m to 20 m cable length.
- Pressure Sensors:
In addition to the regular information on the valve and
positioner status, the pressure sensors are also useful
for advanced diagnosis.
- Double and Action Single
With the same positioner, it is possible to control the
double action valves position or with a return spring.
Parameterization and Diagnostics
FY301 with HART® protocol can be configured by:
- Smar CONF401 for Windows and UNIX;
- Smar DDCON 100 for Windows and UNIX;
- Smar HPC401 for most recent models of Palm™;
- Other manufacturers' configuration tools based on DD (Device Description), AMSTM, Simatic PDM, and FDT/ DTM, such as, FieldCare™, PACTware™, HHT275 and HHT375, PRM Device Viewer.
FY302 utilize the Foundation™ Fieldbus H1 protocol, an open technology that allows any H1 enable configuration tool to configure this device. Smar Syscon302 (System Configuration Tool) is a software tool used to configure, maintain and operate the field devices. Syscon offers efficient and friendly interaction with the user, using Windows NT version 4.0 or later, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
Configuration tools such as AMSTM, FieldCare™ and HHT375 can configure FY302 devices. DD (Device Description) and CF (Capability File) files can be downloaded at either the Smar or Fieldbus Foundation™ website.
FY302 supports complex strategies configurations due to the high capacity and variety of dynamic instantiable function blocks.
Fourteen different types of function blocks are supported, and up to twenty function blocks can be running simultaneously. Maintenance procedures with AssetView diagnostics and status information from FoundationTM fieldbus result in a safer plant with higher availability.
These instruments can be configured with Smar software and other manufacturer configuration tools.
FY303 (PROFIBUS PA protocol) can be configured using Smar ProfibusView or Simatic PDM and by the FDT (Field Device Tool) and DTM (Device Type Manager) concept tools, such as FieldCare™ and PACTware™. It can also be integrated by any PROFIBUS System using the GSD file.
PROFIBUS PA also has quality and diagnostic information, improving plant management and maintenance. Files EDDL (Electronic Device Description Language) and DTM are available on the Smar home page.