PROFIBUS-DP Reflection Protector and Signal Regenerator
This device regenerates the PROFIBUS-DP signals, eliminates signal reflections and minimizes noises, caused by EMI, crosstalk, attenuations, distortions, interferences and impulse, differential and longitudinal.
It also recovers the signals maintaining its quality and avoiding intermittences in the PROFIBUS DP network communication.
The signal reflections are very difficult to diagnostic and are the main cause of problems in a PROFIBUS network. They can happen every time there is an impedance change, caused by the bus splices and spurs.
RPR303 is an active element serving as interface between segments on PROFIBUS-DP network and ensures adequate signal levels, while guarantees the communication signal integrity. The RPR303 executes this function bidirectionally.
The signal transmission rate is automatically identified.
The RPR303 has a differential feature that is to work in Modbus for two communication rates in manual mode: 9.6 Kbps and 19.2 Kbps. It has an integrated terminator that can be turned on or off. The RPR303 has status LEDs.
The RPR303 increases the availability of PROFIBUS DP network.
- Insulated signal regenerator;
- Signal repeater;
- IP 20 classification;
- 1 insulated channel;
- Transparent for all PROFIBUS DP protocol versions;
- RS-485 specifications;
- Maximum 12 Mbps communication rate;
- Supports up to 31 devices;
- Supports up to 1200 m length of spur line;
- No address required;
- Integrated terminator;
- Supports Modbus protocol in manual mode on 9.6 Kbps and 19.2 Kbps;
- Ideal for use in areas susceptible to Electromagnetic Interference;
- Regenerates PROFIBUS-DP/Modbus RTU signals that were affected by capacitive effects;
- Insertion and removal of slave equipment during the operation;
- Protection against short circuit and its indication;
- Compact and robust construction;