Smart Transmitter for Position Measurement
The TP300 is a member of the renowned family of Smar equipment available in HART® 4 to 20 mA, FOUNDATION™ fieldbus and PROFIBUS PA. This product line presents the TP290 version, also with digital technology and a 4 - 20 mA output signal.
The TP300 is a smart transmitter for position measurement, suitable for linear or rotary displacement or movement. Its digital technology and communication provides a friendly interface between the field and the control room, presenting features that considerably reduce installation, operation and maintenance costs.
The TP300 uses a magnetic coupler without physical contact for position measurement. For this reason it is immune to vibration effects and provides longer operational durability. The magnetic coupler replaces the mechanical connection a significant dead band reduction and preventing inaccurate results from wearing out by use. The TP300 may be installed in any equipment with linear or rotary motion and a variety of other devices such as skylights, dampers, rollers spacing, crushers, etc.
The TP300 also offers other advantageous functions in comparison to other position transmitters as:
- Linear movement range from 3 mm through 100 mm: for longer courses, consult our BFY-CL Series catalog;
- Rotary movement range from 0° to 30º until 0° to 120º;
- Local or remote configuration through HART® 4 to 20 mA, FOUNDATION™ fieldbus and PROFIBUS PA protocols;
- Multifunctional, easy to use, local rotary display;
- Easy to install, fast commissioning and adjustment;
- Configuration protection by password;
- Protection against reverse polarity;
- Hall-Effect contactless position sensor that measures the device movement;
- Remote sensor version available with extension cable for applications with difficult access or involving high vibration and high temperature;
- Explosion-proof and intrinsically safe (ATEX (NEMKO and DEKRA EXAM), FM, CEPEL and CSA)
- Designed to comply with European regulations ATEX 94/9/EC, LVD 2006/95/EC and EMC 2004/108/EC standards
TP301 - HART® - 4 to 20 mA
- Connectivity through:
- Supports DTM and EDD;
- Multidrop operation mode.
- Fieldbus communication from PC or via local switch;
- Local configuration with magnetic tool, without need to open the housing or configurator HPC401;
- 12 mA consumption current;
- Dynamic block instantiation;
- 11 functional blocks.
- Connectivity through:
- Basic configuration with magnetic tool;
- Complete configuration carried out with a remote configurator (Ex: Smar ProfibusView).
- Functional blocks for analog output and valve diagnostics;
- 12 mA current consumption;
- Supports DTM and EDDL.
Local or remote configuration, from 3 mm to 100 mm of linear stroke. To increase the measurement up to 1000 mm linear stroke, use the BFY-CL.
Local or remote configuration from 30° to 120°.
- Contactless Local Position Sensor:
Standard Position Sensor.
- Contactless Remote Position Sensor:
Best indicated for high temperature and vibration applications. Also adequate for difficult access locations. Available in 5 m to 20 m cable lengths.
- Reading of the Position:
Direct or reverse.
The TP300 series is available in the HART®, FOUNDATION™ fieldbus and PROFIBUS PA Technologies. These devices can be configured with the Smar software configuration tools, and those from other manufacturers. Local adjustment is available on the TP300 series. The magnetic tool is used to locally configure the control parameters and several functions.
Additionally, Smar developed the AssetView application, a web tool with friendly interface that may be accessed at any time and place with an Internet navigator.
TP301 (HART® protocol) can be configured by:
- Smar CONF401 for Windows;
- Smar DDCON 100 for Windows;
- Smar HPC301 and HPC401 for several models of Palm™;
- Other manufacturers’ configuration tools based on DD (Device Description) or FDT/DTM (Device Type Manager), such as AMSTM, Simatic PDM, FieldCareTM, PACTwareTM, HHT275 and HHT375, PRM Device Viewer.
The TP302 uses the H1 communication protocol, the open technology that makes possible for any enabled H1 tool to configure this equipment. The System Configurator Tool is a software used to configure, operate and provide maintenance for the field equipment. The Syscon offers efficient and friendly interaction with the users that operate the Windows.
Configuration tools like AMSTM, FieldCare, HHT375 e HHT475 can configure the TP302. DD (Device Description) and CF (Capability File) files may be downloaded from the Smar site or Fieldbus FOUNDATION site.
The TP302 supports complex configuration strategies due to its high capacity and variety of the instantiable functional blocks. Eleven functional block types are available. The fieldbus technology enables the AssetView application to access status and diagnostics information. Therefore, the maintenance procedures become more efficient, providing more safety and plant availability.
These devices can be configured by the Smar ProfibusView or the Siemens Simatic PDM. The TP303 was designed to use the PROFIBUS PA protocol and it is configured using the Simatic PDM or the FDT (Field Device Tool) and DTM (Device Type Manager) tools concept, such as FieldCare™ e PACTware™. It can also be configured by any PROFIBUS system that uses de GSD files.
The PROFIBUS PA also provides information on quality and diagnostics to improve the plant management and maintenance. The EDDL (Electronica Device Description Language) and DTM files are available on the Smar site at the Internet.