LC700 version 7
New release of the LC700 added improvements and new features in the CPU, I/O Modules and CONF700 configurator and OPC Server.
Now the LC700 Hybrid Controller is more powerful, more dependable, and more easy to use than ever before.
The hardware is more resistant to EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) and ESD (Electrostatic Discharge). The CPU can handle more I/O points and larger configurations. The Modules have 2 new important features; the self-ID and the hot-swap. The Self-ID means that they are automatically identifiable by the CPU and the configuration tool (CONF700), while the “hot-swap” means that you can replace modules while the circuit is on without causing any damage to the electronic components.
The CONF700 allows the use of automatic or manual MODBUS address attributions. In this way, we can preserve the location of old MODBUS variables while doing any modification to a configuration. Connectivity to Modems has been improved with RTS/CTS control signals.
The OPC Server is faster and now it includes built-in channel redundancy (unique in the market!) and published status for better control from the HMI. Read the list of improvements below and make them work for you!Physical Features
- New CPU Module allows handling more I/O points and program networks.
- Plug-and-Play. Modules with Self-ID allows the CONF700 and the scan firmware to know if they are accessing the right Modules and how to proceed.
- Firmware is upgradeable in the field through the Serial or Ethernet channels.
- Hot-swap boards. Modules can be replaced while system is running.
- Modules with internal metal ink for better EMI protection.
- Side metal sheet on Modules for better protection against magnetic interference and ESD.
- Editing a configuration will not change old variable MODBUS addresses.
- Automatic or manual MODBUS address allocation option.
- CONF700 identifies Modules automatically when working online. Self ID.
- User can fine tune “Time Delay” and “Off-duty width” to optimize communication with HMI. Typically used in large configurations where the scan cycle is larger than 300ms.
- Port 1 (RS-232) includes RTS/CTS functionality. These control signals increase connectivity with Modems/Radios.
- Function Block with Module and communication channels Status.
- Math Function Block has extra equations; the API 11.1 and exponential filter.
- Dedicated MODBUS registers for user action as adjusting the Real-Time-Clock.
- View Block, a communication feature that allows customizing a list of the most used variables.
- Channel redundancy. Ethernet, Serial Port or any combination.
- Published status and action variables. HMI knows which port is communicating, status of the redundant channel, actual scan time and much more.
- Serial port uses RTS and CTS for better Modem/Radio connectivity.
- Easier user interface and faster.